New to the site?


If you're new to this blog and want some context for it, read this post from the day I announced my Alzheimer's disease and this post about the day I announced I had lost it. For more info, visit my website with my autobiography and all blog entries in chronological order for easier reading to catch up. There's also a sermon on the spiritual lessons I've learned through this journey through my damaged mind.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oh, The Moon!

Walking around the Denver Amtrak station on the way back home from Salt Lake City, I saw the full moon rising; the “old man in the moon” was just so clear, so three-dimensional, as obvious to me as I can remember.  It was beautiful!  Is it my desire for God that is opening to non-cognitive beauty?  Or is it my cognitive impairment, or is it just a beautiful evening moon when the train trip and my sleep deprivation make my mind more open to newness?  It doesn’t matter, I guess.  It was beautiful!
  
The present moment in this disease isn’t actually difficult, nothing like my depression.  The symptoms I’m experiencing now are mildly frustrating.  My current suffering, at least, stems primarily from aversion to what’s coming in the future and from attachment to a self that I believe will soon be no longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified whenever someone comments on your comment, click on "Subscribe by Email" underneath your comment.